Traffic mishaps are not rare in Indiana. Following a car accident in Auburn, you may find yourself in a traumatic situation. If the other driver was speeding or negligent, you could recover compensation for your injuries. Hiring an attorney is not mandatory for filing a claim, but things can be drastically complex in many situations. Law firms like Delventhal Law Office, LLC offer free consultations for car accident victims. In this post, we are sharing five circumstances when you definitely need an attorney.
Molly Yeh’s net worth is a testament to her creativity and dedication, as well as her ability to connect with audiences around the globe.
- You are also at fault. Indiana is a modified comparative negligence state. If you were to blame for the accident to an extent, you could file a lawsuit against the other party based on your fault share. When you are more at fault, you cannot recover any settlement. Insurance companies may try to pass the buck and pin the blame on you. Your lawyer can ensure that doesn’t happen.
- You have suffered catastrophic injuries. If you have endured brain injury, disfigurement, spinal cord injuries, or multiple fractures, your compensation is likely to be higher. Without a lawyer, you may be burdened with questions and end up accepting the first insurance offer. Let an attorney determine what the claim is worth.
- Your claim was denied. Insurance adjusters always look for loopholes to deny claims; if yours has been rejected already, you need to get a lawyer. Accident lawyers can consider all legal options to recover compensation and may even file a lawsuit in court against the at-fault driver.
- You received an offer, but it is too low. Don’t expect the insurance company to be honest with you. The claims adjuster has already considered tactics to reduce the settlement, and you have no reason to accept the initial offer. Let an attorney negotiate and communicate with the insurance team to recover the right amount.
- You have no clue about dealing with a car accident claim. Someone who has never filed an injury claim can quickly feel overwhelmed by the laws and requirements. Get an attorney to deal with the situation, especially if you don’t understand the legal jargon or are unsure of your claim’s worth.
You don’t need to pay a lawyer until you get a settlement. The contingency fee arrangement ensures clients don’t feel the financial pressure when looking for legal advice. You can meet an attorney to get a case assessment for FREE.