Spiders are often harmless but extremely common in Irvine and the rest of California. Some species of spiders can bite, while others can leave your home dirty and filthy. In this post, we share some quick tips to get rid of spiders.
- Call pest control: Professional companies like Brooks Pest Control can offer comprehensive services for spider extermination. These companies use safer and EPA-approved products that are not harmful to humans and other animals, and the methods and ways are in sync with prevalent standards in the industry. Also, you can expect assurance on the task.
- Seal all windows and doors: Ensure that you look for cracks, crevices, and other ways through which spiders can enter your home. Windows and doors often need additional work and sealing to prevent the entry of insects, especially during winter.
- Use spider traps and repellents: Talk to pest control experts, and they can guide you on the various types of spider traps that are available in the market, which are quite effective. The idea is safe, and you don’t have to go around killing spiders. There are also repellents, which can help keep spiders at bay. An excellent example of that would be essential oils like peppermint.
- Clean your home: Decluttering your home and deep cleaning can keep spiders away as these insects are primarily attracted to dirty spaces. Also, check whether you are providing unnecessary access to food sources, which could mean keeping garbage out in the open or not storing food in airtight containers.
- Landscape your garden: Ensure that you get the grass trimmed and clean your yard periodically. Spiders are great at hiding, and an unkept lawn is often a great spot. Also, remove spider webs from every part of the exterior, and don’t forget the attic and basement.
- Reduce lighting outside: If you have too many lights in the yard or outdoor spaces, you will have to deal with numerous insects, including spiders. Keep a check on what you actually need and turn off lights after a specific time every day.
DIY treatments are rarely effective in getting rid of spiders entirely, and using insecticides without knowledge can be dangerous. Talk to the experts and ensure that you don’t miss details related to pest control and preventive steps. The sooner you seek help, the better your chances of countering an infestation at an early stage. Call a pest control company immediately after you see initial signs.